Exhibitors and Sponsors
The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) is the oldest and largest scholarly association devoted to studying science, technology and society with over 1200 members worldwide. Members of this organization include
- scholars in anthropology, economics, education, history, philosophy, political science, sociology, psychology, and women’s studies
- interdisciplinary scholars that work in feminist theory, cultural theory, postcolonial theory, public policy, innovation theory, and design.
- scientists and engineers interested in the social aspects of their fields
- members of the public with an interest in the way that science and technology affects their lives
The conference is a four-day event with over 10 concurrent sessions, receptions, and a book exhibit. The book exhibit showcases new releases and in print science and technology studies books. It provides editors, publishers and potential authors a chance to meet and discuss new book projects. Attendees depend on the book exhibit for finding new books for class, for their research and for staying current in the field.
Exhibit Space Pricing
Exhibitors have the choice of one 6 foot table ($150) or two 6 foot tables ($300) to display books from Thursday to Saturday. Purchase exhibit space by registering for the event as an exhibitor. If you require an invoice in advance, contact Wenda Bauchspies (info below).
Alternatively, publishers may send up to 8 books to be displayed on a shared table from Thursday to Saturday for a $75.00 fee. The books will become the property of 4S and will be sold in the silent auction on Saturday to support graduate student travel. (The address for sending the books is posted below and we ask that all books arrive between the 7-9th of October in San Diego.) Pay for the shared book table here and notify Wenda Bauchspies (see below).
Thursday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Advertising in the Program
Attendees receive a pocket size program. A one-page ad is available for $200. Ads need to be 3 5/8” wide by 5” tall, (9.2 cm wide by 12.7 cm tall), 300 dpi, b/w or grayscale in any standard image format. Pay for ads here and send copy to Wenda Bauchspies by the 1st of July 2014 (see below).
- Wednesday night opening reception
- Wednesday night hosted bar
- Friday night (pre-banquet) reception
- Saturday night reception
- Coffee breaks
4S Exhibitor Coordinator
Exhibit Space Placement
All exhibit spaces will be assigned by the conference management based on the best configuration in the space available taking into consideration the size of the exhibit and electrical needs.