Exhibitors and Sponsors
The Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) is the oldest and largest scholarly association devoted to studying science, technology and society with over 1200 members worldwide. Members of this organization include
- scholars in anthropology, economics, education, history, philosophy, political science, sociology, psychology, and women’s studies
- interdisciplinary scholars that work in feminist theory, cultural theory, postcolonial theory, public policy, innovation theory, and design.
- scientists and engineers interested in the social aspects of their fields
- members of the public with an interest in the way that science and technology affects their lives
The conference is a four-day event with over 10 concurrent sessions, receptions, and a book exhibit. The book exhibit showcases new releases and in print science and technology studies books. It provides editors, publishers and potential authors a chance to meet and discuss new book projects. Attendees depend on the book exhibit for finding new books for class, for their research and for staying current in the field.
Exhibit Space Pricing
Exhibitors have the choice of one 6 foot table ($150) or two 6 foot tables ($300) to display books from Thursday to Saturday.
Alternatively, publishers may send up to 8 books to be displayed on a shared table from Thursday to Saturday for a $75.00 fee. The books will become the property of 4S and will be sold in the silent auction on Saturday to support graduate student travel.
Purchase exhibit space through the online store. Note you can now generate an invoice during the checkout process.
Wednesday 13:00 - 18:00
Thursday: 08:30 – 17:30
Friday: 08:30 – 17:30
Saturday: 09:00 – 15:00
Advertising in the Program
Attendees receive a pocket size program. A one-page ad is available for $200. Ads need to be 3 5/8” wide by 5” tall, (9.2 cm wide by 12.7 cm tall), 300 dpi, b/w or grayscale in any standard image format. Purchase ad space through the online store and send artwork (PDF or image file) to Wenda Bauchspies (see below).
- Wednesday night opening reception
- Wednesday night hosted bar
- Friday night (pre-banquet) reception
- Saturday night reception
- Coffee breaks
4S Exhibitor Coordinator
Please ensure that the books arrive no more than 2 days before the start of the conference, otherwise storage charges will be billed to the sender.
Exhibit Space Placement
All exhibit spaces will be assigned by the conference management based on the best configuration in the space available taking into consideration the size of the exhibit and electrical needs.