Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: November 15 2017
Updated: October 24 2017Colby College’s Program in Science, Technology, and Society (STS) invites applications for a two-year Postdoctoral Scholar position starting September 1, 2018.
We seek a teacher-scholar who can provide energy, outreach, and a vision for the future of the program. Duties will include a balance of teaching and research, with no responsibility to serve on college committees.
Colby College is a highly selective liberal arts college recognized for excellence in undergraduate education, close student-faculty interaction, and cross-campus interdisciplinary collaboration. The STS Program at Colby provides critical perspectives on the social and cultural implications of science and technology. We engage students in research at all levels, from writing-intensive introductory courses through a required yearlong senior thesis.
- Training in STS, with Ph.D. hand
- Evidence of dynamic scholarship in the field of STS
- Experience teaching in a college setting (undergraduate and liberal arts college experience preferred)
- Dedication to generating new knowledge, developing new pedagogy, and collaborating across disciplines
- Broad familiarity with the human dimensions of science, technology, engineering, math, and/or medicine (HD of STEM2).
The area of specialization is open, but we are interested in developing expertise in global media and literature, information and society, and biomedical ethics. We are especially interested in candidates who, through their research, teaching, and/or service will contribute to diversity, inclusion, and equity at Colby.
Review of applications will begin on November 15 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please submit the following:
- Letter of application
- A statement of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Curriculum Vitae
- Representative samples of scholarship
- Three letters of recommendation.
Applicants must apply electronically via Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/46456.