Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: October 01 2017
Updated: July 31 2017The School of Information and Library Science (SILS) at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (the iSchool at Carolina) invites applications for a tenure/tenure-track faculty position with a starting date of July 1, 2018. Candidates at all ranks are welcome to apply.
View the University job posting and submit applications at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/123185
The faculty seeks an outstanding colleague with research and teaching interests in sociotechnical data studies and human-centered data science. Research areas include, but are not limited to:
- Data ethics, law, and policy, including security, privacy, and society
- Human-data interaction and sociotechnical perspectives on data work
- Data-oriented design, infrastructure, and theory
- Computational science (including computational social science and computational biology, as well as other computational scientific disciplines)
- Data science methods (from machine learning to human-computer interaction)
For a full description, visit https://sils.unc.edu/about/hr/open-data-sci-faculty
Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. For questions, please contact Susan Sylvester at firstname.lastname@example.org.