Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: October 15 2017
Updated: September 12 2017Purdue University Department of Anthropology invites applications for the following position to begin August 2018. Assistant Professor of sociocultural anthropology, tenure-track, with a focus on technology, science, or health and medicine. We seek a dynamic scholar with a promising record of publications and funding, an active research agenda, teaching experience, and a commitment to the application of anthropology to humanity’s grand challenges. The successful candidate will join a vibrant and growing department.
PhD in Anthropology or related field is required.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Conduct innovative research in areas of technology, science, or health and medicine
• Foster linkages with Engineering, Technology, Health Sciences, Agriculture and/or Purdue’s Interdisciplinary Centers
• Demonstrate an interest in applying anthropology to address humanity’s grand challenges
• Teach introductory, advanced, and graduate courses in cultural anthropology and the areas of specialization
• Demonstrate strong teaching skills and potential to develop field-based, interdisciplinary, cross-listed, and/or service learning anthropology courses
• Prepare students for careers and mentor their development
• Show evidence of a commitment to diversity and promoting a multicultural environment for learning
• Participate in departmental and university administrative activities
The successful candidate will show ability to link to Purdue’s programs or centers addressing society’s grand challenges such as the Medical Humanities Program in the College of Liberal Arts, Center for Aging and the Life Course, Ingestive Behavior Research Center, Purdue Polytechnic Institute and Regenstrief Center for Healthcare Engineering.
Purdue University’s College of Liberal Arts is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in their cover letter, indicating their experiences, current interests or activities, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
Send electronic applications including a CV, a cover letter stating research program, teaching interests, engagement record, and diversity experience, and contact information for three references to: Assistant Professor Search, c/o Brenda Gunion, (email@example.com), Assistant to Head, Department of Anthropology, Purdue University, 700 W. State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2059. For full consideration, applications should be received by October 15, 2017, and review will continue until filled. A background check will be required for employment in this position. For more information about the Department of Anthropology, visit our webpage: http://www.cla.purdue.edu/anthropology.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.