Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: December 01 2017
Updated: August 11 2017The Shifting Contexts Digital Library Perspectives
This special edition of Digital Library Perspectives focuses on the topic of Digital Humanities, with emphasis on the shifting framework of scholars and practitioners who do not necessarily identify themselves digital humanists but use Digital Humanities tools and practices in their work. The Guest Editors of this issue include Dr. Megan Meredith-Lobay (University of British Columbia) and Allan Cho (University of British Columbia).
The co-editors invite contributions on the following, as well as other related topics:
* Role of LIS in supporting non-traditional DH areas of scholarship, i.e. New Media Studies, Musicology, Archaeology, non-textual DH
* Emerging areas of research, teaching, learning in the digital scholarship in the social sciences and humanities
* Beyond “What is DH?” - exploring “Why DH?”
* Non-traditional DH practice and practitioners: inclusion and exclusion
* DH in non-western contexts
* The intersections between DH and digital social science
* Digital Humanities as Data Science
Deadline for submission: December 2017
Notification of acceptance: April 2018
Deadline for final paper submission: June 2018
Papers should be no more than 6000 words
Submissions to Digital Library Perspectives are made using ScholarOne Manuscripts, the online submission and peer review system. Registration for an account needs to be created first: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/dlp.