Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 7th.
November 03 2017 | Universidad de San Andrés in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Deadline: May 15 2017
Updated: April 09 2017The conference, organized by The Center for the Study of Media and Society in Argentina (MESO).
This will be the third annual conference organized by MESO on the interactions between media, culture and society. For more information about the 2015 and 2016 events, please visit http://meso.com.ar/congreso-anual/. This third annual conference is sponsored by the Center for Global Culture and Communication at Northwestern University.
Submissions should contribute to ongoing conversations about media, culture, and society in empirical, theoretical or methodological ways. They might also broaden our knowledge about the relationship between media, culture, and society at the national and regional level. Articles may refer to different aspects of communication, media, and cultural goods and services in the areas of journalism, entertainment -cinema, theater, television, music, etc. - advertising and marketing, public relations, social media, and video games, among others.
Topics to be addressed include the following, among others:
· Transformations in content production
· Change in the use of media
· Innovation and technological change
· Finance and media sustainability
· State, government and civil society
· Regulation and public policies
· Political communication and electoral campaigns
· The role of users as content producers
To make a submission:
· Send an extended abstract of the article, with a minimum length of 500 words and a maximum length of 1000 words (excluding title and references). The document should also include the contact information and brief (no more than 75 words) biography of each author.
· Abstracts should be sent without exception as an attached file, in word format (.doc, .docx), and entitled "Last Name, Name - Medios y Sociedad 2017".
· The deadline for submission is May 15, 2017. Abstracts should be sent by email to email@example.com . The subject of the mail should be "Last Name, Name - Medios y Sociedad 2017".
A selection committee will evaluate the abstracts and the results will be notified to the authors on July 1, 2017.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions and/or need any further information.