Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: December 15 2017
Updated: November 29 2017The Chair of Philosophy of Science and Technology under the direction of Prof. Dr. Gabriele Gramelsberger is part of the Center of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Studies (currently being established) as well as of the Institute of Philosophy. Its main focus of research and teaching is the transformation of science into computational science.
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent in philosophy with focus on the philosophy of science and/or technology
- good computer skills
- good English skills
- ability to independently conduct scientific work
- creativity, flexibility, team orientation, readiness to teach
Research in the field of philosophy of science and technology with emphasis on applied logic, machine learning and big data in order to prepare an application for research funding in this field. Desirable are experiences in the reflection of current developments in science and technology.
- The successful candidate will be employed as a public servant.
- The position is to be filled as soon as possible and for 2 years.
- This is a full-time position.
- The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is one of Europe’s leading technical universities. It is certified as a Family-Friendly University. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
Application Number: 21246
Application deadline: 15.12.2017
Mailing address: email@example.com
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Gramelsberger
Chair of Philosophy of Science and Technology
Human Technology Centre