Submitting items to 4S and Technoscience Updates
The monthly deadline for inclusion in the newsletter is the 15th.
Deadline: December 31 2017
Updated: November 29 2017The Chair of Philosophy of Science and Technology under the direction of Prof. Dr. Gabriele Gramelsberger is part of the Center of Interdisciplinary Science and Technology Studies (currently being established) as well as of the Institute of Philosophy. Its main focus of research and teaching is the transformation of science into computational science.
- university degree (Master’s or comparable) in philosophy with focus on the philosophy of science and/or technology
- good computer skills, good English skills
- ability to conduct scientific work independently
- creativity, flexibility, team orientation, readiness to teach philosophy
Research in the field of philosophy of science and technology with an emphasis on the philosophy of engineering. Experience in reflecting on current developments in science and technology are welcome, especially on epistemic and structural transformation by the computer.
- The successful candidate will be employed as a public servant.
- The position is to be filled from 1 April 2018 for a period of 3 years.
- This is a part-time position with 50% of the regular weekly working hours.
- The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree in this position.
- The salary corresponds to level EG 13 TV-L.
RWTH Aachen University is one of Europe’s leading technical universities. It is certified as a Family-Friendly University. We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
Application Number: 21316
Application deadline: 31.12.2017
Mailing address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Dr. Gabriele Gramelsberger
Chair of Philosophy of Science and Technology
Human Technology Centre